Popular Destinations - Furlongs Minibus Hire
Glendalough is a glacial valley in County Wicklow, Ireland, renowned for an Early Medieval monastic settlement founded in the 6th century by St Kevin. From 1825 to 1957, the head of the Glendalough Valley was the site of a galena lead mine. It is also a recreational area for picnics, for walking along networks of maintained trails of varying difficulty and also for rock-climbing.
Wicklow Gaol is a former prison, now a museum. There has been a prison on the site since the late eighteenth century. Prisoners were held here during the 1798 Rebellion and the Great Famine. The prison was extended in 1822 to a design by William Vitruvius Morrison, and further extended 1842-3. The prison was closed down by 1900 but reopened to hold republican prisoners during the Irish War of Independence and Irish Civil War; the last prisoners left in 1924.
Powerscourt Gardens & Waterfall
The Powerscourt Gardens are located inside the Powerscourt Estate, a large country estate. The main attractions in the grounds include the Tower Valley (with stone tower), Japanese gardens, winged horse statues, Triton Lake, pet cemetery, Dolphin Pond, walled gardens, Bamberg Gate and the Italian Garden. Powerscourt Waterfall and its surrounding valley are also owned by the Powerscourt Estate. At 121 metres (397 ft), it is the second highest waterfall in Ireland.
The Wicklow Way
The Wicklow Way is a long distance trail that crosses the Wicklow Mountains in Ireland. It runs from the southern suburbs of Dublin through County Wicklow and ends in the village of Clonegal in County Carlow. The trail follows forest tracks, mountain paths, boreens and quiet country roads. Mountains, upland lakes and steep-sided glacial valleys make up the terrain of the initial northern sections of the Way before giving way to gentler rolling foothills in the latter southern sections.
Established and designed in 1830 by Decimus Burton, it opened the following year. Today it focuses on conservation projects, breeding programmes, and growing awareness for animals. Covering over 28 hectares of Phoenix Park, it is divided into habitats including the Himalayan Hills, Wolves in the Woods, the African Savanna, Kaziranga Forest Trail, South American House, Zoorassic World, Gorilla Rainforest, Orangutan Forest, Sea Lion Cove and Family Farm.
The Storehouse covers seven floors surrounding a glass atrium shaped in the form of a pint of Guinness. The ground floor introduces the beer’s four ingredients (water, barley, hops and yeast), and the brewery’s founder, Arthur Guinness. Other floors feature the history of Guinness advertising and include an interactive exhibit on responsible drinking. The seventh floor houses the Gravity Bar with views of Dublin and where visitors may drink a pint of Guinness included in the price of admission.
Saint Patricks Cathedral
Christ Church Cathedral
National Botanic Gardens
The National Botanic Gardens is a botanical garden in Glasnevin, Dublin. The 19.5 hectares are situated between Glasnevin Cemetery and the River Tolka where it forms part of the river’s floodplain. The gardens were founded in 1795 by the Dublin Society and are today in State ownership through the Office of Public Works They house approximately 20,000 living plants and many millions of dried plant specimens.
Croke Park Stadium Tours
Croke Park has been at the heart of Irish sporting life for over 100 years. With a capacity of 82,300, this magnificent stadium is the third largest in Europe. The Croke Park Stadium Tour, Skyline Tour and GAA Museum are the perfect way to truly immerse yourself in Irish culture.
Irish National Stud & Japanese Gardens
The Irish National Stud is a Thoroughbred horse breeding facility in Tully, Kildare, County Kildare, Ireland. The Japanese Gardens at Tully were created between the years 1906–1910. They were devised by a wealthy Scotsman and laid out by a Japanese craftsman and his son.
Kilkenny Castle was built in 1195 to control a fording-point of the River Nore and the junction of several routeways. It was a symbol of Norman occupation and in its original thirteenth-century condition it would have formed an important element of the defences of the town with four large circular corner towers and a massive ditch.